Saturday, January 17, 2015

RIP George Dickerson

RIP George Dickerson
 
Facebook
By Dome Karukoski
January 13, 2015
 
My father passed away on Saturday. It was not unexpected since he had been sick for a long time. I'm sad, but also somewhat relieved. He died peacefully with his loved ones around him. He had a wonderful life full of experiences, that one could just imagine to have.
 
I just wanted to remind everybody to spend time with your loved ones when you have the chance. It's the only the time you will have with them.
 
I made the film The Grump / Mielensäpahoittaja for him and it's starting it's festival round attending numerous and numerous festivals. First I thought I'll cancel my festival appearances. -That it would be too heavy to talk about him when introducing the film again and again.
  
But he would've not liked that. He was a man who had a willpower I hope to have inherited. And he had a backbone. -You do the things you're supposed to do.
 
And you live the life when you have the chance. I urge everyone to do so.
 
Here is a nice interview made about him a while back. It will help me remember his thoughts about life and art always.
 
Dad, have a great ride, wherever you are.
 
 
DICKERSON, George
Born: 7/5/1933, Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.
Died: 1/10/2015, Queens, New York, U.S.A.
 
George Dickerson’s westerns – actor:
Little House on the Prairie (TV) – 1980 (Mr. Rooney)
Father Murphy (TV) – 1982 (Mr. Wade)
Son of the Morning Star (TV) – 1991 (General Sherman)

No comments:

Post a Comment